Making progress... I think (?) I can make it to Sno*Drift.

Advertisement

I’ve had some setbacks. First, I may have damaged a wheel bearing when trying to replace the emergency brake cable. Easy, first just have to take the half shaft out...

Failed miserably. I stripped all six e-torx bolts and had to take the bolt heads off with a grinder. After at least ~ six hours, I have all of the old bolts out. Plus I was able to get the old bearing out thanks to this great tutorial:

I’m still waiting on a replacement. Pelican sent me the wrong part initially.

Besides that, I haven’t been able to get it to start since I got it back from TRF. My main thought is that I haven’t connected enough things back up. I’m trying to reconnect as little of the electronics as possible, and TRF described the wiring on this car as a nightmare.

Advertisement

I also need new rear springs, as both of them rusted and cracked. Not too worried about that. They may or may not end up as junkyard parts like my engine.

I have gotten some sweet seat mounts made, thanks to Logan Motorsports for welding them up. 1.5” x.120” cage tube tied to the floor and the sill bar of the cage.

Advertisement

Sponsored

I also acquired some lovely snow rally tires thanks to Team Illuminata Motorsports.

So, I’ve still got plenty to do but I’m hoping I can still make the rally. I’ll be making the go/no go call soon...